Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week 3

A few weeks ago I did a presentation in my level 1 classes on paper mache masks. So they have been working on masks, adding on exaggerated features and painting them. Wednesday we are going to wrap things up with a group critique. This will be their first time experiencing critique so I’m interested to see the participation. I think they are going to do well. So far a few students have finished their masks already and they look great!

The seniors just started a new project to go into the school’s planetarium. T is really cool and I think they will be really excited to see their artwork projected in the planetarium. It is a little challenging the method they have to follow for their drawings, but I’m sure they’ll turn out great. I can’t wait to see it all done.

Also this week I attended with my mentor teacher a meeting with the art teachers in the district. Only about five others showed up. They talked about things like finances, upcoming events, and projects they were doing. It was really nice to meet the other teachers and hear about what they do in their schools. Afterward we went downtown to eat at Gecko’s..it was really good.

Friday night my host and I went to the boys varsity basketball game. It was fun to see Al Dunson announcing the game. And it was an intense game. The Riverview boys are now district champs! Also this weekend I experienced a little bit of Bradenton, FL. My hosts, Al, and myself went out to Lakewood Ranch for dinner. Lakewood Ranch looked a lot like the Easton area of Columbus, OH except bigger and with palm trees. It was like a little town of stores and restaurants. Afterward we went downtown to the Gator Club. We’ve been trying to find places with a younger crowd, but I think we’ve come to the conclusion that we’re not going to find that in Sarasota haha. It was nice though, they had a live band playing and then you could go upstairs to where there was sitting areas and a dance floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment